8. What are the Turkish-Japanese and English equivalents of the techniques used in Lean Management?
Many techniques are used in the simple literature. A short list of techniques is presented in the table below. It is appropriate to consider that there may be techniques which can be used in lean management may not included in the list.
Definition of lean management was reviewed in a great detail in my blog article with the title of "1. What is the definition of Lean Management?". I presented five common lean management definitions in the literature in that article. When these five definitions are viewed as a whole, six dimensions can be found as the basis for lean definitions. These basis are
1) Resources, 2) Flow and speed, 3) Customer, 4) Employees, 5) Training and 6) Waste.
For the sake integrity, it is better to go over the proposed lean management definition.
Lean management is the name of the philosophy and management approach that aims to
(1) Smooth and accelerate the production of “value” that directly contributes to the goods and services that the customer wants and needs,
(2) Eliminate or minimize the waste that arises during production, and
(3) the techniques used to solve the problems encountered during the design, production and afterwards.
In other words, Lean Management is both the philosophy that smooths, accelerates and reduces the waste production of value, and the techniques used to solve the problems encountered while producing value.
Now it is time to ask ourselves the question like "What are the techniques used to smooth, accelerate and reduce the waste production of value? The list presented below includes the most common 28 techniques in Japanese, English and Turkish. You can use any of the terms as you wish.
You can find more videos about Lean Management both in Turkish and English on my YouTube Channel "Dr.Bahtiyar EREN" Link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxMmXLJBx712F9bo0AhvWrw
You can find the detailed information about Lean Management in my book "Lean Management and Techniques: Questions and Answers" published by Yazardan Direkt Publishing House. Please note that the book is in Turkish.
Please check my webpage www.freeleansixsigma.com for mor information about Lean Six Sigma both in Turkish and English.
Quality is not an act, it is a habit.
You can find more videos about Lean Management both in Turkish and English
on my YouTube Channel "Dr.Bahtiyar EREN".